Bone Grafting in Woburn
Establishing a strong foundation for healthy smiles.
Restore Your Jawbone's Health
We often think of bone as a rigid, hard material that doesn’t change. The truth is our bones are growing, shifting, and evolving all the time!
Injury, disease, and missing teeth can severely compromise the health of our jawbone, leading to degradation of the underlying bone structure. This lack of solid foundation makes it difficult to place dental implants to replace your missing teeth.
Fortunately, bone grafting can reverse this negative trend.
What is dental bone grafting?
Dental bone grafting is a minor surgical procedure that replaces jawbone material. Bone cells are taken either from a tissue bank or from other areas in your body.
With a restored jawbone, we’re ready to securely place dental implants and restore your smile to its full, natural beauty!
Ready to see what bone grafting can do for your smile?
Benefits of Bone Grafting
The first step in preparing your smile for a healthy restoration.
A bone graft procedure strengthens the integrity of your jawbone, reversing the harmful deterioration process. This provides a solid foundation for improved oral and whole-body health!
Loss of jawbone density due to a missing tooth is often associated with a “sunken-in” appearance to the face, making you look older. A bone graft restores your jawbone density and allows it to thrive again, creating a full, healthy look to your smile.
Many people who wish to receive dental implants are unable to because their jawbone doesn’t contain enough healthy material to support the implant. Bone grafting solves this problem by adding back material, establishing a strong foundation for the implant.
The staff are so warm and welcoming; the office is beautiful and comfortable. When the technician comes to bring you to the patient area, the first impression is wow. Having dental work done is never on the top of someone's ''I can't wait to do this'' list; however, the staff and overall comfort level at this establishment really make it a pleasant experience. I would highly recommend this office. First time in my life I ever told people how great my dental appointment was.
Brian B. (Actual Patient)
Why Choose Us?
When it comes to your smile, we're a team you can trust.
Oral surgery can sound scary, but it doesn’t have to be! By choosing an experienced and compassionate team, you can confidently and painlessly enhance your smile’s health, appearance, and functionality.
Here are just a few things you’ll love about our bone grafting services:
Learn more about our incredible team and start your journey to better oral health today!
Have Questions About Bone Grafting?
- Do I need bone grafting? Is it the right choice for me?
We use bone grafting to improve the integrity of the jawbone structure in the following scenarios:
- Saving teeth: Disease causes teeth to loosen, putting them at risk for loss. Bone grafting regenerates the underly bone structure, increasing bone support and reducing your risk for tooth loss.
- Tooth extractions: When a tooth is intentionally removed, it’s common to add bone grafting material back into the tooth socket to fill the void.
- Dental implants: Implants require an adequate amount of healthy bone volume and density before placing them securely. Bone grafting prepares the jawbone for this procedure.
Bone grafting isn’t always needed in these scenarios. When you come in for your consultation, our expert dentists will examine your mouth and make recommendations specific to your needs.
- What is the bone grafting process like?
Each situation is different based on your unique needs, but a typical procedure may include these steps:
- Local anesthesia is applied. In some cases, stronger sedatives may also be used.
- A small incision is made to your gum tissue to gain access to the portion of the bone that will receive the graft.
- Bone material from either a tissue bank or your own body is applied to the jawbone to boost the structure and strength.
- In some cases, a special layer is used to assist the development of the bone cells, known as bone regeneration.
- Over several months as the bone heals, your body will fully integrate the graft and replace it with natural bone.
When you come in for your consultation, our expert dentists will give you a full overview of the steps needed to achieve your specific smile goals and answer any questions you may have.
- Does getting a bone graft hurt?
While the process of receiving a bone graft may sound painful, it’s surprisingly comfortable when performed by an experienced dentist.
Bone grafting is an outpatient procedure. You’ll receive a local anesthetic to numb the surgical site entirely and you won’t feel much during the procedure. In some cases, we may use stronger sedation to keep you comfortable.
You may experience some soreness after your procedure, but this typically fades away after a day or two as the graft heals. Some patients use over-the-counter pain relief medication, such as ibuprofen, as well as ice therapy, to ease any discomfort.
- How much does bone grafting cost?
The cost of a bone grafting procedure can vary substantially based on the condition of your jawbone and the amount of graft needed. We’ll give you a full breakdown of costs specific to your needs when you come in for a consultation, so you always know exactly what to expect.
We believe that costs should never prevent you from receiving the quality dental treatments you need and deserve. We offer several affordable payment, insurance, and financing options to fit your budget. If you have any questions or concerns about costs, our compassionate team is here to help you find solutions. Learn more on our New Patients page.